Hey everyone, i'm back again. Recently I found myself in deep thought about the hashtag symbol.
This symbol can be used as a number sign or a hashtag. I used to use hashtags all the time when posting pictures to Instagram. I used them to label my posts, so people who were into different things like traveling, music, etc. could see my pictures. Now I don't use hashtags anymore. However, I do see a lot of other people on social media still using hashtags. Hashtags are mainly used to draw attention to your post. People generally use hashtags that are currently popular or trending, so they get views or likes on whatever it is they're posting. To me, hashtags don't have much of a significance. I just see it as a way to get more people to view what you're posting. But I personally don't have a reason to want more people to view my photos, so I do not use them.
Hashtags can have long-lasting and commonly known meanings. A few examples are: #YOLO, #OOTD, #TBT, etc. They all have become known all over the world and are now being used in normal sentences. Hashtags are a symbol used all over social media and even to people like me who don't use hashtags, you come across them more than you realize. Hashtags are typically whats trending and therefore have culture significance. Another time I see a lot of hashtags being used is on national days, like #NationalPetDay, #NationalDanceDay, and #NationalBurgerDay. Many people post a picture dedication to these national "holidays, and use a hashtag so their picture can be found among the others. I encourage readers to start paying attention to different trending hashtags on twitter, as those are good outlets for news information.

No comments:
Post a Comment